TANCET is Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test for the studies in MCA, MBA, M.E, M.Tech, M.Arch and M.Plan. This is the eligibility exam for the studies offered by Anna University and other Government Engineering College in Tamil Nadu. This is conducted by Anna University.
Structure of TAN CET
The candidates have 2 hours to attempt the test. The question paper had total of 100 questions. There were questions which could help in evaluating the candidate’s ability to identify critically the data, skill of the candidate in answering questions based on the passages in the comprehension, skill on solving mathematical problems at graduate level including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level. Also, there were questions based on data sufficiency and questions for testing the knowledge on written English.
Eligibility Criteria for TAN CET
The candidates before applying for the test must ensure that the following eligibility criterion is met by them.
- The candidate must possess a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration passed with an aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- The candidates with degree obtained without studying 10th, 12th Std. or 3 years degree programme are not eligible. Also, candidates who obtained B.E./B.Tech degree through distance mode cannot apply for the test.
- Candidates appearing for their final year exams of the said qualifying degree course except courses offered by Professional Institution’s (like AMIE) in April/May 2016 can also apply for TANCET MBA 2016.
- The candidates not having domicile of Tamil Nadu state can also appear for the test, but the eligibility conditions will be stipulated by the admitting authority / University.
- 10+2+3 years pattern
- 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern
- 10+2+AMIE* or 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
You can also read about other entrance exams in the list of main MBA Entrance Exams in India.