College: Xavier Institute of Management (XIMB)
Year Established: 1987
Summary: Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) is an institute of national repute in India, located in Bhubaneswar which is the capital of the eastern Indian state of Odisha. It is governed by the Government of India, the Government of Odisha, and the Society (Jesuits). The school was founded in 1987 under what the parties called a ‘social contract’ between the Government of Odisha and the Jesuits in Odisha. The institute is known to carry out research and development activities regularly in collaboration with government departments in the state. It is also the Centre of Excellence in Fiscal Policy and Taxation (CEFT) set up by the state government. Admission is through the XAT and CAT examinations, with the batch consisting of students from the IITs, NITs, BITS Pilani etc.
Courses at XIMB
Currently, XIMB offers the following academic programmes:
- Master of Business Administration – Business Management (MBA-BM)
- Master of Business Administration – Rural Management (MBA-RM)
- Master of Business Administration – Human Resource Management (MBA-HRM)
- Executive master’s degree Programme in Business Management (Executive MBA)
- Master’s degree Programme in Global Management and Leadership (MBA-Global)
- Integrated Doctoral Programme in Management ( MBA & PhD (Integrated PhD) )
- Doctoral Programme in Management (PhD)
Admissions to XIMB
Candidates for XIMB’s Post Graduate Diploma In Management (PGDM) are required to have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks for all subjects taken together (45% for SC/ST candidates). Candidates who are appearing for their final year examination and are awaiting their results may also apply. They should have maintained an average of 50% marks in the degree course until that time. They should be completing all their degree examinations before June 15, 2016. Such candidates are required to provide proof of passing the degree examination with the minimum required marks of 50%, latest by September 30, 2016. Only candidates who score at least 70 percentile in any of the exams, XAT/CAT/CMAT/MAT are eligible for admission. Others need not apply. XAT/CAT/CMAT/MAT conducted during the academic year 2015-16 only will be considered.