College: Institute of Management Technology
Year Established: 1980
Summary: Institute of Management Technology abbreviated as IMT, is a premier Business School with its main campus at Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is consistently ranked as one of the best business schools in India.
IMT is a fully autonomous university and offers several post graduate, doctorate and executive education programmes in management. In addition to its main academic programmes IMT also offers distance learning and collaborative programmes.
IMT Ghaziabad is especially renowned for its marketing related courses and has been ranked 13th by Business Today (2015 rankings). Apart from this it is well known for its International Linkages and has been ranked 5th in the same by CNBC- TV18 (2013 rankings).
Courses at IMT
IMT offers following programmes:
- Two-yearPost Graduate Diploma in Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – PGDM-FT (In 2nd yr one can choose among Marketing,Finance,HR,Solutions and Consulting,Strategic Management and Analytics)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Finance
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Marketing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Dual Country Program (DCP)- Student spend first year on Dubai Campus and second year at Ghaziabad.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Executive
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Part-Time
- Two-year full-time MBA programme
- Doctoralprogramme (PhD) in Management
- Management DevelopmentProgramme for Executives
- General Management Programme for Executives (GMPE)
Admissions at IMT
IMT G has a rigorous admission procedure which takes place in a 3-step model. The top 10 percentiles in CAT/XAT/GMAT are given a call for a group discussion in the major cities of the country. The call getters are also based on their profiles. The GD is followed by a personal interview which is taken in most cases by 2 faculty and an alumni. The students having the maximum combined score in GD and PI are then given a final call by the college. However, in 2015, a separate written ability test(WAT) was conducted instead of the group discussion. Rights of admission at all times are reserved by the administration of the college.